The Resume & Typing Centre knows what makes a successful covering letter. In our cover letters, we show an employer your skills, highlight your selling points, and answer the main questions they want answered.
OK, you can sell yourself beautifully; you have all the right qualifications, but let’s face facts, the odds are that if you address Dr. Jones as Mr. Smith, he or she may be disinclined to interview you.
In our covering letters, you get to show an employer your skills, you highlight your selling points, and answer the main questions they want answered.
- Do you have the right qualifications, knowledge, skills, abilities and experience?
- Can you do the job?
- Are you dependable self-motivated, and enthusiastic?
- Will you do the job well?
- Are your values, image and goals a good match with the company?
- Challenge & meet the inherent or advertised selection criteria.
- Showcase your experience, skills and qualifications.
- Present your level of professionalism.
- Provide clues to your personality.
- Show how well you communicate in writing.